Also on the site is an extensive list of definitions for common terms used in EIA and an EIA wiki.
The Module covers the:
- purpose and aims of EIA;
- EIA administration and practice;
- concept of associated assessment processes;
- key elements of the EIA process;
- undertaking an EIA;
- role of public participation;
- stages that follow EIA;
- the costs and benefits of undertaking EIA; and
- understanding of the strengths and limitations of EIA.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Basics of Environmental Impact Assessment
The United Nations University, RMIT University, and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) jointly developed an online course module that provides a critical overview of the theory and practice of environmental impact assessment (EIA), particulary from an international perspective. This is an excellent resource for those new to EIA or wish to review certain aspects of it.